Crowd Equity / Reg A / Reg CF Investments
For Reg A / A+ / CF companies, I now look for companies that either:
- Have a small enough addressable market to make them unacceptable to traditional VCs
- or have a high-loyalty, high-repetition business model in which making customers into shareholders can have a strong early impact
In general, I’ve been disappointed by the valuations offered by most Reg A / Reg CF offerings.
- DSTLD (now Digital Brands Group), Series A Preferred, a vertically integrated fashion retailer through SeedInvest
- MF Fire, a smart wood burning stove through SeedInvest
- Bellhop, a rideshare comparison service through Republic
Private Company Investments
For private companies, I prefer to invest early in teams that show they can make good use of small checks. I take an active interest in the company and will invest significant time into supporting the company, if requested.